Maybelline Mega Plus Volum' Express Mascara

by - Sunday, April 06, 2014



I've tried a few mascara's out recently and this one I do love. It's a thick black which is great for extending those lashes and giving the idea that you have more than you actually do. It's easy to apply and lasts for ages without any clumps at all! But with all these good things I have found some 'bad' but easy to deal with problems.

Of the few mascara's I have tried this definitely is lacking in the volume aspect. Sure, it does add some but when compared to the ModelCo Fat Lash it falls a long way behind. The thing is though, it doesn't bother me much. It's a great mascara when you don't want your lashes to be too much or too little. It's just the right amount of volume for those casual days out or even for school and uni when you don't want to look to dressy and heavy on the makeup side of things.

Another great bonus of this mascara is that it lasts all day. I don't have to worry about my lashes becoming 'bare' at all! However, I do find that after about 7-8hours small dots of mascara do start to fall off my lashes but these are easily wiped away. But, these small dots which fall away do not make a difference to the overall effect that this mascara gives to my eyes which is great!

The only other thing I've found difficult with this mascara is the application. It's brilliant for those extra long lashes around the eye but those small ones in the corner are way to much effort to get too. The brush is big and although it tapers to the end I still find that it does miss a few lashes. Though I can deal with this. But if you are wanting a mascara that applies super easy to all your lashes I wouldn't say this is for you. But then again, everyone applies mascara in their own way and maybe I'm just not that great at it!

However, these two 'bad' things don't put me off buying this mascara again and again. It's perfect for the day time (as mentioned before) due to it not being extremely thick and heavy. It doesn't clump my lashes together in a massive black bunch like some mascara's do and doesn't make your lashes extremely thick and noticeable. It's exceptionally waterproof - my Bioderma can't even get it off! So if you are going to the pool or the beach sometime during the day and don't want to worry about runny mascara then this is for you!! The handle isn't too big so it's quite easy to use and doesn't weigh a thing compared to the ModelCo mascara packaging.

Overall, it's a great mascara for daytime use, those days spent at the pool or beach. The only real problem I have is that I wish the brush was styled differently for those small lashes in the corners that are hard to reach.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. missed to mention about separation? As a product junkie you missed to mention some of the post important elements of a mascara volume, representation, volume, curl holding power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi makeupjunkie! As stated in my review this mascara does have volume but it seems lacking in a 'mega' volume sense when compared to other products such as the ModelCo Fat Lash. On the holding power, I definitely missed this key aspect out so thank-you for pointing it out to me and I'll update this post now! xx

      Delete