Essie Nail Polish

by - Monday, March 31, 2014

It's been hard for me to find a nail polish that not only looks lovely on my nails no matter what length they are but one that also doesn't make them break. Now, I think I have finally found the brand I will be using for a long, long time.



I was wondering through Priceline (an Aussie drugstore) looking for something new and bumped into the Essie stand which was not only full but on sale. I couldn't resist really and so I ended up with 3 bottles in my basket to try. As it was summer back when I bought them, these colours are a range of pinks/purples. The colours are called Limo-scene, Neo Whimsical and Go Ginza (such cute names!).



I've used all 3 polishes now and I can't wait to go back and purchase some more winter colours (Australia are heading into Autumn/Winter now). The colours are the exact same shade as the one in the bottle which I love. I hate buying nail polish that turns out completely different to the lovely colour you see in the bottle. Plus, the Essie counter has a small card with each colour on display - again the exact same colour in the bottle and not the colour they want you to think it is.

These 3 colours are really easy to wear also. They go with just about anything and Limo-scene is perfect for any occasion. You can dress it up or down and it has the slightest tinge of pink through it. Which brings me on to the other thing I love about the Essie collection - the wide variety of colour. They literally have every single colour you can think of and it comes in every shade you can think of! You are pretty much spoilt for choice!

The polish is very thick but still easy to apply and it dries almost instantly. It's glossy once it dries and I can go a whole week without a single chip or peeling! With just two layers of polish you are set to go for a week of picture perfect nails! The other thing I love is that the polish seems to be like the Shellac. It's thick and keeps my nails protected, while helping them grow and making them look good.

I literally have nothing bad to say about these apart from I wish the brush was slightly bigger but that's something I can deal with.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments