RPR Fix My Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner

by - Monday, March 10, 2014



A while ago I did a haul which included these two products from an RPR box set. The hair care products are made in Australia and the range is a decent size - very much like the Organix range. I chose to try out the Fix My Frizz because my hair is extremely frizzy, no matter what the weather is and seeming as most products I have used in the past do nothing for my hair, I thought I would give this one a go.

To start, the bottles are impressive. They are big and hold 300ml (there are also 1Lt bottles) which lasts me ages so I didn't mind spending a bit more on these products than I normally would on haircare. For each different shampoo and conditioner the bottles are different colours - all pastels which is really cute. I have to admit that as blue is my favourite colour I couldn't complain about the Fix My Frizz being blue either.

Onto the actual product; it smells amazing. I'm not entirely sure what it is but it's definitely a mix of fruits and flowers. It's very fresh and not too strong as to overpower any perfumes you wear throughout the day. The product itself is the same colour as the bottle, a nice shade of pastel blue which doesn't tint your hair blue (I was worried this would happen the first time I used it). As soon as the product is mixed with water it becomes bubbly and white - much like a soap - but maintains its lovely scent.
For the shampoo you just massage it into your hair and rinse out - very simple - however, the conditioner has to be left in your hair for 2-3min before being rinsed out. This usually gives me enough time to clean my face and body, but for some people this may be too long. However, I personally don't think washing it out before the 2-3min is over would make too much of a difference.

For my hair, which becomes immune to products very quickly (the Garnier Fructis products worked on my hair for 1week only sadly). However, I found that the RPR really benefited my hair, to begin with. The frizz was being controlled (finally) and the smell was wonderful. I was loving this product so much and using the RPR Argan Oil along with it just seemed to make my hair so healthy, smooth and shiny. However, I did notice that after a few weeks (when close to 2/3 was gone from the bottle) my hair suddenly got very dry and brittle. At the time I wasn't sure if it was the product or the weather due to it being very dry, windy and hot. However, I did decide to take a small break from the shampoo and conditioner just in case and I quickly saw my hair improve. Due to this I no longer use the RPR shampoo and conditioner, but I have kept the small amount in my cupboard just incase I decide to give it another go.

Overall, I really loved this product, it was just a shame that towards the end my hair got very dry and brittle. However, I would like to try some of the other products out, maybe the Brighten My Blonde or some products from their Salon Only range.

You can find out more about the RPR range here: http://www.rprhaircare.com.au

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments