Products currently in my shower!

by - Thursday, March 20, 2014

Suffering from some writers block this week I hopped in the shower and thought that instead of giving you all another beauty review I would give you an insight into the products I'm currently using when I have a shower. I won't go into great detail on these products as I will get around to to fully reviewing them later on.


To Wash My Hair:

I love products that help my hair in any way and a while back I had a haircut and I hated it. It was cut too short and I instantly regretted it. So, I'm now using the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner. The products help to create a healthy environment on your head to stimulate hair growth and I have to admit that so far the products have worked. Though hair (mine especially) doesn't grow extremely fast I have definitely noted an difference with how long my hair has gotten but also how much stronger, fuller and thicker it now is. I blame the thickness not on the products but the fact that so much of my hair has grown recently and that it is naturally thick. (May need to go get my layers done again soon!)

To Clean My Face:

I only use the one product for this which is the Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream. I love this and have been using it for ages. I use it every time I have a shower and my skin is left feeling refreshed, clean and silky smooth. The product does say to use the complete Clinique 3 Step after however I find that this is just too many products used on my face at one point of time so I usually skip out the first step (cleanse) and continue with steps 2 and 3 (exfoliate and moisturise). Users beware though, this product does contain beads so if you are not a fan of them then I wouldn't recommend you to use this. However, I have found that the beads do not cause any problems with my sensitive skin.

To Clean My Body:

I currently have 3 body products in my shower - 2 body washes and 1 moisturiser. The body washes are BX Earth Bit of a Soft Touch and the L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (this is a tester bottle only as it was part of a christmas pack). I'm getting to the last few drops of the BX which is really lovely on the skin. It leaves you feeling silky smooth, soft and moisturised (hence the name I suppose). The only thing I find is that occasionally the scent can be overpowering, the mix of Jojoba peach and vanilla is lovely but in small doses. However, I have found that when using this with a shower sponge I need at least 7-10 pumps of the bottle to get a nice, rich lather going.
The L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil I have only used twice since receiving it at christmas (I'm saving it for special occasions) but I must say it smells lovely! It definitely doesn't foam as much as the BX but it still manages to give you the same softness just without as much product being used. I'm still debating on whether to start using this as a full time body wash once my BX has been used up.
Finally, the last product is a new one which I've only used twice (starting yesterday) which is the Nivea In Shower Smooth Body Lotion and I love love love this (note the 3 loves)! I'm one of those people who prefers to just get out the shower, dry off and put my clothes on straight away and always end up missing out on moisturising. So when I was in the supermarket I saw this and thought that I would give it a go and I'm so glad I did. You use it as the final product in your shower regime - after your body wash - and then just rinse it off and voila, you are moisturised. It's so easy to use and the smell is amazing too (flowers and white musk) and lingers on your skin for a while. Plus there are 3 different types for a range of skin types - dry/very dry, dry and normal to dry skin.


There we go, those and the current products that I am using in my shower. Hopefully these short reviews give you an insight into just how these products are working for me and will help when you need to buy some new products for your shower regime.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments