Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish

by - Sunday, March 02, 2014



I've been using this polish for a while now and I have heaps of good and bad things to say about it. I was quite looking forward to using this product as I have used a few Rimmel products in the past and really loved using them, but I'm afraid this one will not be placed on the 'must buy again' list.

I'll start with the things I love about this polish before getting into the things that have made me decide to no longer buy it...
There are 20 colours to choose from, ranging from neutral, to pinks, to bright, to dark colours. I bought 285 White Orchid and though the colour looks very pink in the bottle it comes out a very, very pale pink/silver colour onto your nail. I personally didn't mind this as I'm not someone who ventures into dark or bright colours on my nails. There is a really nice shine to the polish also, I'm not entirely sure if it's just for this colour or for them all, but from looking at the bottles it's 'shine bright like a diamond' for all of them.

"Anti-fade colour" as stated on the bottle is absolutely true. The colour hasn't faded one bit since I put it on a week ago. Though I must admit, I don't really notice any of the nail polishes I have previously used fading over the course of it being on my fingers.

Although the bottle doesn't state this, it dries really quickly. Mine took about 1min max to dry, most taking around 30sec which is really great if you are in a rush and need your nails to dry quickly.
The brush is huge, a lot bigger when you compare is to the brushes on the Essie and OPI polishes. I really liked this though as it made the time making sure all of my nail was covered in polish a lot smaller. However, I did find the lid a bit too big to hold, it made it slightly uncomfortable for my fingers but I dealt with it.

So I guess this leads me onto the bad points of the polish.
I'll start with the bit that bothers me the most. As stated in previous posts my nails are definitely not the strongest in the world and tend to break very high which is quite painful (this has now resorted to me keeping my nails short - so they don't grow over the tip of my finger). So what does this have to do with the polish? Well, after about 3days with the polish on I found my nails breaking which they haven't been doing for a while. After a week, only 2 of my nails haven't broken and as this has happened every time I use this polish it's the main reason for no longer using it.

Another point is that, on the bottle and on the Rimmel website, they claim that the polish lasts "up to 10 days". I've had mine on for a week now and it's so chipped and horrible that it needs to be taken off immediately.

The gel-like finish I didn't really notice. Having gel nails before the only likeness I could find was rubbing my fingers over my nails - the silky smooth touch was lovely.

Well, that's all I have to say... quite sad that this polish hasn't worked out for me as the colour was so pretty.

Until next time, Emily xoxo 

You May Also Like

0 comments