Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

by - Sunday, February 16, 2014



I've been using this product for a while now and, yes, I am a fan of it but only during the winter months. Since buying the foundation a few months back I've been able to see how it copes with my skin through the wet, wintery months and through the dry, summery ones.

The foundation has a really nice cover, easily hiding any pimples or blemishes that seem to pop up on my face. It's also very easy to apply, I found straight away that just one pump was easily enough foundation to last me throughout the day - anymore and my face felt heavy with makeup and it was really noticeable that I had makeup on (not what I find appealing). I use a brush to apply my foundation but with this one you can easily just use your fingers. It's a liquid but definitely not as watery as something like the YSL Le Tient Touché Éclat.

Colour wise, there are a few to choose from though I would of liked more. Being extremely fair skinned I had trouble choosing which shade to buy - I eventually choose 100 Ivory. In the winter months, where I have layers of clothing and the only bit of skin you see is my face, this shade is perfect. It gives a slight 'tanned' colour but not extremely dark so as to make your face look a completely different colour to your neck. However, during the summer months, where more skin is on show, I found this shade to be way too dark. I don't really tan so my face was ending up much darker than the rest of me. Not great. There is also a slight glow to the foundation but not enough to make you look super shiny - just enough to highlight your face.

During the winter months the foundation also seemed to last a lot longer on my skin and it never felt to heavy. We all experience dry skin during winter so I really wanted something light which also let my face breath which is what the Wake Me Up achieved. However, during the summer months, especially in Australia where the average is between 30-35 degrees, this foundation did nothing for me. On the short 10min walk to my train I felt like all my makeup had washed away - it was like it was melting off my face. This I really didn't appreciate, especially when it was only 8.30am and I was out for the whole day.

Overall, I've really liked using this foundation and will definitely be using it again during the winter months. It's very easy to apply and I'd say you do get more for your money from this one.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. use a primer and the lasting powder will be the same winter and summer. It easy to find light shade hard to find dark shades considering there all pink pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi makeupjunkie. Thanks so much for your comment, I will definitely keep this in mind!
      This product does come in many different shades which is great, but I'm usually much paler than the 'fair' or 'ivory' coloured makeup which is why it has taken me so long to find products suited to me.

      Delete
  2. what your skin type? I can recommend you some good ones to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi makeupjunkie! I have oily/combination skin - mainly oily around the T-zone of my face. I've been using the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige 10 which is amazing (blog post will be coming soon).

      Delete
  3. This foundation is not for oily skin its for my dry skin. It contains glitter and shows more glow to the skin so it can make up look oily through out the day. I think you should try Loreal true match and there new foundation magic nude i been loving them. I have oily skin. Covergirl three is on amazing they have fair shades which will be great for you.

    ReplyDelete