The Perfume Edit

by - Saturday, February 01, 2014

I love my perfumes and find that because I love them so much I use them one at a time so I don't have to depart from them all at once. I'm still not sure whether this is a good choice I have involuntarily made or not... as I've found this is a great way to keep those scents you love most but then you are stuck with the same one until the bottle is empty. *sigh*

So anyway, here are my current favourites in the scent department:



Vera Wang Glam Princess Eau de Toilette
This is what I'm currently using and have been using for a few months and absolutely love it. It's very sweet and flowery. To be honest, I'm not really sure what I can smell from it, there's a big mix but it's definitely sweet - probably from the sugar marshmallow in it! It lasts all throughout the day and I find that I don't really need to spray too much on - too much and I think I would smell like a walking sweet shop!
I love the heart shaped bottle that it comes in, with the small bejewelled crown on top giving it that 'princess' feel. The hint of gold throughout the bottle also gives it that glam look too.

I would not suggest this perfume if you weren't into the sweet scents - otherwise this is a keeper.

Burberry Body Eau de Perfume Intense
I love, love, love this and save it for those special occasions that pop up now and then (birthdays/dinners) even though it is made to be worn everyday. This is another sweet perfume but based more on florals. I definitely smell the vanilla in this perfume and the roses. It's not sickly sweet which makes it a perfectly balanced scent - this is probably due to the fact that it is based more on natural scents that man made (marshmallow).
The packaging is beautiful also! It comes in a box shaped like the bottle and inside you will find your bottle wrapped in a kind of silk bag which is great if you want to take this on holiday and not have your clothes smell of perfume!

If you like flowers with a subtle sweet scent I'd suggest this!

Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier Eau de Perfume Spray
This was definitely my first favourite perfume, it smells so lovely and whenever I did have it on I found so many people asking what it was! Now I know Ed Hardy are known more for their clothes than anything and are not really the most glamorous products out there, I recommend you give this perfume a chance. I think it's one of the best things Hardy have made! It's fresh and (once again) sweet from all the fruits in it - I can straight away smell grapefruit and strawberries. Although it smells sweet when smelling from the bottle, the sweetness seems to die off slightly once sprayed onto your body which is really nice.
The bottle is pink with an Hardy design (it wouldn't be Hardy without one) and a symbol on top which I have yet to figure out what it is.

If you like the slight sweetness of fruits then this is for you!

L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Eau de Toilette
I haven't actually tried this one yet but I thought I would add it in anyway. This is a very floral perfume as the name would hint as the main ingredient is peonies. There is also a very strong scent of grapefruit. I find that smelling this straight from the bottle, it can be very overpowering which I'm hoping is not the case when on the skin.
As I only have a tester I can't describe the actual bottle but mine is a small pink vial with a twist top. It's small and delicate and I actually quite like it like that - it's sort of cute.

If you want to feel a bit more grown-up buy this.

One Direction Our Moment Eau de Perfume
Before purchasing this perfume I was very wary of it. Not just because it's One Direction (I am a fan) but because when I first smelt it, it was so strong I nearly got a headache! The small bit of card the girl had given me must of been drenched in a whole bottle of the perfume because once I smelt it from the bottle myself, it was strong - but not as strong. This is definitely a very very fruity and floral perfume (more on the fruity side for me), you can straight away smell the pink grapefruit and lots of other summer berries. It's incredibly sweet but once on your skin the sweetness seems to fade almost instantly. There's a hint of musk and though it claims to have 'woodsy notes' I can't really seem to smell them. This is defiantly a perfume to wear during the day and is perfect for summer.
The bottle is shaped like a crystal with a pink sheen to it, the lid shaped like a crown with pink tulle - very girly.

Perfect for days out with the girls or on a first date.


Well that's my perfume collection for now, though I have had my eye on some new ones (maybe another perfume edit will be coming soon). From writing this blog post I have realised that I must really like the sweet perfumes - but I hope that you enjoyed it anyway.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments