November Favourites

by - Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Although it's December and nearly time for Christmas, I thought I would make a quick post of what I loved in the month of November.

1. Clinique 3 Step Skin Care
I've been using these products for months and I absolutely love them. With a choice of 4 different types (very dry to dry, dry combination, combination oily and oily) you know that these products will be best suited for your skin type.
I use this every morning and every night and I really notice the difference when I use it. Not only does my skin look refreshed but it looks less blotchy and red (two things I hate).
I have mixed the 3 Step up though, I no longer use the Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion as I found that my skin just wasn't benefiting from it anymore. So I switched to Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream. I know that this doesn't really sound like a moisturiser but I love it. It's hydrating and has the added bonus of relieving you of any red blotches on your skin.
(http://www.clinique.com.au/cms/product/3_step_grid.tmpl)
(http://www.clinique.com.au/product/1687/6007/Skin-Care/Moisturizers/Redness-Solutions-Daily-Relief-Cream/index.tmpl)

2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
Since I bought this a few months ago I doubt I'm going to try anything else. This concealer does the job for me. It instantly hides anything - pimples, dark patches, etc. Another thing I love about this product is that it comes in so many different skin tones. I have very fair skin so it's taken me a very long time to find makeup products that fit - probably one of the reasons I only really started getting into makeup.
It's a liquid but very easy to blend and you never need too much of it which is perfect for those hot days when you really don't want makeup running all down your face.
(http://www.maybelline.com.au/products/21/face/concealer/fit-me-concealer/sand/20?shadeId=133)

3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Again, this is something I've been using and I doubt I'll try anything else. This foundation is lovely and smooth and blends so easily. I was worried when I bought this though, the colour in the bottle can be very deceiving. Fortunately when applied to your skin the foundation turns up slightly lighter which is perfect for those of us with fair skin.
I only use one pump as I find this is plenty for my skin, anymore and it would be way too noticeable that I have makeup on - and that's not something I really want. Soft and subtle is how I like it which is what one pump gives me.
(http://au.rimmellondon.com/products/face/wake-me-foundation)

4. Model Co SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
If there's a lip gloss I would recommend to anyone it would be this. I got this free in a magazine last year and sadly have had great difficulty finding it in a store here in Australia (if anyone knows where I can purchase, comment below!).
It's not sticky when you apply it, it's a lovely pink colour and it smells amazing. I know that sounds weird but the smell has me hooked. I have Strip Tease and it smells like candied strawberries.
It has a lovely glossy look with a hint of shine and with a handy mirror on the side of the bottle it's great and easy to use when you don't have a mirror handy.
Another thing I love about this is it's long lasting. Although the glossy look fades, the colour and the hint of sparkle stay on your lips for a few hours!
(http://www.modelcocosmetics.com/shop/lips/lip-gloss/shine)

5. Shellac Nail Polish
As some of you may know, recently I have gotten into using Shellac as my nails are sadly not as strong as one would like them. I been using it for about 2-3months now and I've seen a great improvement in not only the strength of my nails but also the health.
The polish stays on for about 2weeks which has the be the greatest downside but in those 2weeks you don't see any chipped or scratched nail polish which means your nails always look nice.
There is one colour I absolutely love from the Shellac range which is the Grapefruit Sparkle. This is a really light pink with a lovely hint of sparkle and its very subtle on your nails. I really like this because it's not really noticeable like a bright red or pink but its noticeable enough for people to see it.
(http://www.cnd.com/pro-products/cnd-shellac/cnd-shellac-colors/meet-colors)


I'll leave my list there for this months favourites. There are so many things I love right now and I know if I continue the list it will be never ending! So I'll leave some for next month to give you guys something to look forward too.

Until next time, Emily xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. The fit me concealer is not meant for hiding pimples its made for highlighting on the face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi makeupjunkie. Firstly, thanks so much for reading my blog post! I actually found that the Fit Me Concealer wasn't great on highlighting but more matching skin tones across the face. This was why I stated that it was great for pimples/hiding red patches on the skin. xx

      Delete